Thursday, March 22, 2012

Epic Title

Kid's heartbroken, that's for damn sure. Anyone can see the tear stains under those eyes of his. Love's a fickle thing, I say. But he already knew.

So what are you gonna do now Kid?

The look on his face, it says it all. Kid's got no idea for the first time.

Must be tough, growing up alone. I did it too, but times were easier then. Before the Great War, and the Rift. Folks were kinder back then, had a little more generosity in their hearts.

But none of that don't matter, not now anyways. Go to the Wall, honor the dead all you want, but the past is gone.

He knew this already, the Kid. Always figured him to he smarter than he looked.  Not that it'd be hard, mind you. Aw, I'm just kidding. Kid's not a bad looker. Always wondered why he wanted to settle down with an old belle like that. But, business is business, and there's nothing more to be said about it.

So I ask the Kid, what now? Kid seems a little more ready to answer it this time.

But what do you know, he just gets up and walks away. He's heading to the forest. Kid's never been there. Always was scared of the darkness behing those mean old trees. I'd be a liar and a fool if I said I wasn't a bit scared too. I've seen the inside of that dark place. Trees will make you lose your mind.

I ask the Kid what he's doing. Without even turning, Kid just shrugs his shoulders and keeps walking.

The Kid was always the silent type. Don't blame him. Seen a lot of bad things. Wouldn't wanna talk about it either. Nowadays, too many folks talking, not enough listening.

-END-

This has been heavily inspired from the game Bastion. Anyone who's played that game will know exactly what I mean. Thinking about doing more with it. Joe, hope you liked the title.

-CS

No comments:

Post a Comment